Thursday, June 18, 2015

First Place Slider Recipe!

So a little while ago, I won my first chef's competition! :)



Can you see that smile?? I was really excited. It was a "Slider Throwdown" that my college put on and a good friend of mine really pushed me to do it. I was pretty hesitant but went anyways and I'm so glad that I did! I think a lot of times we have to push ourselves to get just a bit outside our comfort zone and that is where some really awesome things start happening. And sometimes we need a smart friend to be the one to do that pushing ;)

It's a pretty simple list of ingredients that comes together quickly but the flavors together make for something more complex and definitely more exciting than your typical hamburger.

Without further ado.... here is the winning recipe!

Ingredients:
Hamburger Bun
Guacamole (Avocado, Tzatziki, Hot Sauce)
Ground Turkey Burger
Provolone Cheese
Spicy Mustard
Honey Mustard
Bacon
Roasted Red Peppers

Assembly Process:
The first layer is the bottom hamburger bun.
On top of the bottom bun will go your guacamole mixture. I had a limited number of options for ingredients in the competition and so I made what I can only refer to as a guacamole of sorts by mashing the avocado and then adding some tzatziki sauce for a cooling aspect and a little bit of hot sauce to give the guac a subtle kick.
Next goes the cooked turkey patty.
On top of that melt some provolone cheese.
On top of the melted provolone cheese, add a small dollop of spicy mustard and a small dollop of honey mustard of equal amounts.
Next goes about two slices of bacon, and then on top of that maybe three roasted red peppers.
Finally place your top bun!

Enjoy! :)


Also, as I mentioned before, this was a sliders competition... so everything was mini! But this tastes just as good, if not even better in its full sized form :)

If you try this recipe out, let me know in the comments how you liked the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment